Sell-Side Advisory Services
We guarantee independent, objective and result-oriented advice in the sale of your business or holding.
At Gruen Advisors we can help you structure and execute the sale of your business or your holding from the first day to the last. We emphasize a holistic approach to realize the maximum value shareholders in middle-market private companies and managers in divisions of larger corporations have built in their businesses. We believe there is no substitute for our expertise in valuing businesses, our understanding of both seller's and buyer's needs, our experience assisting with financing, and our adherence to a disciplined process.
We have years of experience and we know all the hurdles and pitfalls the sale of a business can suffer from if not carefully thought out and planned. Routine, experience in implementing the transaction roadmap, identifying and assessing appropriate buyers, building a market and knowledgeably negotiating the terms are crucial for the successful completion.
The following information provides you with an overview of the major basic steps that are part of any successful sales process and a guide to some of the questions to be raised:
- Detailed business analysis and realistic valuation: Is your company ready for sale? Is the desired goal attainable? Are additional operative changes in the business necessary in order to improve the likelihood of a successful transaction?
- Determine the most probable buyers for the company: What buyers are eligible? Why would a potential buyer be interested?
- Creation of a Confidential Information Memorandum: Written description of all relevant information to explain the investment opportunity without opening up sensitive information to competitors.
- Selective approach of potential buyers: Is there serious interest? How can a favorable competitive situation be created?
- Obtaining first non-binding offers: How to evaluate the offered prices, terms and conditions? Which buyers have the ability to close and to do so promptly?
- Preparation and monitoring of Due Diligence: Disclosure of financial and commercial business data in a data room and responding to buyer's questions. Coordination and control of buyer's financial and legal advisors.
- Assessment of the binding offers and control of the negotiations: What are the advantages and disadvantages between the offers? Where is room for additional value maximizing negotiations and where not?
- Contract signing and closing: How can the terms and conditions be optimized in the final negotiations? Coordination and control of accountants, tax consultants and lawyers.